Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No Specific Title for This One I Guess...

Howdy everyone!

I have been remiss in my blogging and I apologize.  I will still try to keep this brief even though it has been over a week since I updated.  This past week was somewhat uneventful, however I did have 2 encounters with music stars that I look up to.

Let's begin with last week at Gotee on Tuesday...Well, B.Reith is one of our artists and his album is coming out next Tuesday, September 22nd.  So I am working on the computer, and I am listening to B's new album, because let's face it, it's good.  When I look up because instinctively I feel like I should for some reason, B is on the front porch on the other side of the front door.  I quickly pause the music, because, "how embarrassing would that be?"  I just thought it would be a rather odd first impression.  Anyhow, he finally walks in after about 8 agonizing minutes of silence and stomach turns of nervousness (because let's just say he's easy on the eyes in my opinion, not to mention, he makes good music).  He walks in, we exchange greetings.  End of story.

Yesterday, I was at Dryve and had the pleasure of meeting Steve, the drummer of Thousand Foot Krutch/FM Static and Joel, the bass player for TFK.  They were both super nice and great.  So let me think.  Up to this point, I have met 12 (if I counted right) respectable musicians in this wonderful industry.  I am loving life right now!  I just hope all this networking is leading to something great.

In other news, just the daily business office-y stuff, I get the privilege of signing for deliveries, such as new records and you know, Relient K's guitars. No big deal....

The other day I went to Border's and met a guy who was performing there.  We exchanged contact info because he may be in need of some help with what he's doing too.  He's pretty good. (www.tylersummers.com)  Then I went (for the first time) to the movies all by myself and saw 500 Days of Summer.  LOVED IT.  Maybe one of my new favorite movies, and this scene was AMAZING: Awesomeness

Tonight, I am heading into Nashville to see my friend Seth Philpott perform some good soul music.  I've also been an unofficial intern for him too.  I've been helping him out with some Facebook marketing and such.  Good stuff. Good stuff.

Welp, so much for brief.  Happy birthday, Henry V. I love you!

Thanks for reading. You stay classy.
-Faithy

No comments:

Post a Comment