Sunday, September 20, 2009

All I Can Say is that My Life is Pretty Plain...I Like Watching the Puddles Gather Rain....

Well, it is Sunday.  I visited Brentwood Baptist today.  I enjoyed it.  It's way super huge but I think I'll go back.  They have a big Bible study on Tuesday night (Ags, I think it is similar to Breakaway) that is geared towards young adults, not just college students.  I can't go this week because I am nannying again (call me Mom) but hopefully next week I can check it out.

As far as this blog's title goes, it has been raining pretty much non-stop for a solid week.  I love rain, but I am missing the sunshine severely.  I am thankful that generally I am never having to walk too far in it or I have my umbrella handy.  10 points if you can name what band sings that lyric without googling it.

Tomorrow night, if you're free at 8 P.M. central time, I'm going to need you to do me a favor and tune in to www.breith.com and watch B's CD release listening party live.  Look for yours truly! I will be there in the flesh.  This will be my first time to be at anything that is streaming live on the internet with the possibility of you maybe seeing me.  I'm pretty pumped.  Last week B's manager extended a personal invitation to me for the party.  I was kinda blown away.  Also guest appearing will be Dave Barnes and TobyMac so hopefully I will finally have the opportunity to shake hands with "the big boss man"-----> Toby.

Yesterday, I had a grand old time hanging with Sethy.  He took me to lunch to thank me for helping him with music stuff cuz I am basically his intern too.  It's fun helping a friend.  He's getting ready for a new roommate to share his room, so I helped him clean and reorganize the room.  8 hours later I went home. The room looks great in case you're wondering.  We ate lunch at a local joint called Baja Burrito.  I am thrilled to have experienced it because after missing Freebirds, it is a great substitute.  Furthermore, it is cheaper AND olives is an option and sour cream is not an "extra".  Pure bliss.  Guac is an extra so I passed but maybe next time I'll splurge.  The clincher is it is walking distance from my Monday/Friday internship.  I usually pack a lunch but now I can make plans to get that for lunch on occasion.

Seth's show Tuesday was killer.  His friend Rob Blackledge played after and he was great too.  Matt Wertz made a guest appearance as well.  Here are some pics from Tues:



Sethy and the band (I think it was actually Wertz's band)


Seth-Ro



                                       Rob on keys and Matt laughing (they cheesed up the song A LOT)

I guess that was a brief summary of the last few days.  I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for reading,
You stay classy,
Faithy G.

No comments:

Post a Comment