Monday, August 31, 2009

Shocker....

"I like to begin our notes as if we're already in the middle of a conversation"...name that movie, (Hillary).  I don't think I have those words exactly right but you get the gist.  Well if you readers know me at all you know that I am not particularly a) a dog person and b) a kid person.  Well surprise surprise guess what I am doing right now?  I am house sitting/nannying/dogsitting for twin 9 year old girls and a bichon-frise named Tyler.  I like Tyler but sometimes he can be a little bichon (take off the "on" and add a "t" in there) when I can't catch him to put him in his crate.  But I for the most part surprisingly enjoy him and he doesn't smell bad.  He's actually pretty cute.  I don't have a picture of him but I googled his type.  He kinda looks like this:
He just got a haircut though so he is not that fluffy anymore.  Oh Tyler.

Anyways, so I had my first experience at being a mom today (minus babysitting Saturday night for the easiest most well-behaved cutest kids ever that live next door).  Today I had to pick up the girls from softball, get them home, make sure they did their homework, make sure they get ready for bed...etc.  I even had to discipline because one of them deliberately disobeyed me when I told her to go take a shower.  Instead of getting ready for bed, I caught her with the tv on in her mom's bedroom, NOT SHOWERED.  Ohh I was irked.  They are allowed to have dessert since they had an early dinner before softball (this was before I became "mom") so her punishment was a small portion of dessert (smaller than her twin sister's).  I told her that disobedience has consequences, "you understand?"  'yes ma'am'.

That's what I like to hear.  I am learning to lay down the law.  So, prayers accepted for the next 3 days...and after that too.

Interning was pretty fun today.  If you go to www.thousandfootkrutch.com and look at their tour dates, I pretty much filled all those in as well as www.derekwebb.com (which actually hasn't launched yet but will in a few days I think).  I also logged in to facebook as Dave Barnes and Derek Webb and made some concert events for upcoming shows.  Tomorrow, back to Gotee!  Should be more fun times ahead!  Stay tuned.

Also, yesterday I hung out with my new friend that I met on Tuesday.  We met up for church with the Hoekstras (my host family) and then she and I spent the afternoon getting to know each other in conversation and then went to see Post Grad.  It's a movie about a girl who graduates college and then can't find a job. HA.  Well, we both identified with it, except for the fact that Alexis Bledel in the movie has two hott guys interested in her.  Dangit.

Thanks for reading.  You stay classy,
Faith G

2 comments:

  1. I can name it. You've Got Mail. done and done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I knew it was "You've Got Mail" too. Tyler is cute...a little poofy. Oh, wait that's not really him. And Tyler, is now one less name on my one-day-name-your-kids list since it is now been used for a Bichon Frieseze or however you spell it.

    ReplyDelete