Saturday, August 15, 2009

Franklun and Nashvull

Well howdy everyone from the great state of TN! I arrived here on Thursday evening after about a 14 hour drive spanned over 2 days. Previously to this trip, I had never driven farther than 3 hours in one sitting. ha! It really was not as hard as I had predicted. I made a killer playlist and listened to about an hour of The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I regret not having updated in a really long time but I was really busy with moving out of College Station *tear* which my last blog circulated around. Then I was trying to move back into my bedroom at home which was difficult because I have way too much stuff. I am trying to simplify my life a little bit. Then we went to Boston to visit Liese and Phil. Anyways, I am somewhat settled in here at my host home. I still have some unpacking to do. I only unloaded my car this morning so I was living out of my car for 3 days literally. I am not a fan of it---not something I'd ever choose to do on purpose. I already have learned how to get around the Franklin area decently well and I went to visit Valerie in Nashville today. I got myself back "home" from Val's house without using Alfred, my GPS. I was proud of myself. Anyways, to make a long story short, I was also busy with preparations for one of my best friends, Kristen's wedding last week. She got married to Jeff on Sunday and it was a blast! On my way up to Franklin on Thursday, I stopped in Memphis and went to tour Graceland. I came to find out that this is Elvis week because the anniversary of his death is tomorrow. Tourism was up as a result. I had a good time and it was neat to see "the King's Cave" hahaha. I shall try to post pictures of Graceland once I get my pictures loaded onto my computer. I guess that is a shortened version of the past 3 weeks or so. Here are a few pictures!


Jeff, me, and Kristen


My last night in College Station, the boys took me out country dancing...my favorite thing ever!


Me, Liese, and Phil at Lynch Park in MA

Thanks for reading. You stay classy.
-Faith

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for making that drive!! And I feel so privileged to have made it into the picture section! Hooray for Harry's!! :)

    ReplyDelete