Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She's COUNTRY...from her cowboy boots to her down home roots

Howdy reader-followers---all 4 of you!

So the past week I have reaffirmed my love for country music and its videos. They are like short little movies and they also are very educational. This is the way I see it. Soon and very soon I will be serving the music industry in Nashville. What if I ran into Blake Shelton or Josh Turner, etc. in the supermarket and I did not previously know what they looked like? What a shame that would be that the opportunity to professionally meet them had passed me by because I was ignorant about their appearance. Gotta love CMT/GAC.

I've decided that country music is wonderful food for the soul and mind as well. It is so refreshing, and downright hilarious. If it is not a feel-good love song for a small-town woman/man or way of life, it is a hilarious song about lost love and love found again. It is a winning combination if you ask me.

Check out "People are Crazy" by Billy Currington. It is one of my favorites for now:

"Good is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."....Here here, I'll raise my glass to that. :>)

So I almost bought a ticket to fly the coup to Hong Kong next week but it didn't work out. However, since that fell through, I am going to follow through with my tentative plan to attend the American Idol auditions in Dallas next week. I know I won't make it very far but it will be quite the experience to give it a whirl!

Thanks for reading. You stay classy.
-Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment