Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Job Huntin' and Dog Hatin'

This will be succinct seeing as I am starting a job tomorrow!  Long story short, I was offered and took a part-time job (Tuesdays-Thursdays) at a small company called Interlinc.  They make Bible lessons for youth groups, but the cool thing is, the themes of the lessons are drawn from Christian music videos.  So they compile a dvd with current Christian videos and write a packet of lessons to correlate.  So.darn.cool. and right up my alley.  So, I will be playing the part of the salesperson and calling youth pastors to see if they want to buy these lessons/product.  However, this is "grad season", so I'll be selling more specifically the 2010 conGRADulations cd as a senior gift to the kids in x,y,z youth groups all across the country.  I wish I had gotten one of these cds back in 2005 when I graduated high school.  It's filled with encouraging music and other tools to help as you transition in a new phase of life.  I start training at 9 am tomorrow!

As for the other part of my title, the dog that belongs to the family I nanny for, decided to hike his leg on me the other day when I was taking him for a walk.  I stopped to talk to the neighbor, and ironically we were talking about how he is not a good dog and needs to be properly trained.....womp womp womp....Tyler the dog hikes up his leg and thankfully I have cat-like/ninja reflexes and I moved my jeaned leg just in time.  Then I yanked up on his leash so he dangled in the air for a few seconds as I YELLED, "I'm gonna KILL HIM!!".  Is that dog abuse?  Ooops.

In other news, I got a new camera and I can't wait to try it out at a show.  It's a Canon Powershot SX120.  It has a 10x zoom (the selling point for me). Whoop!

Last week I went to see Love and Theft in concert and they are AMAZING live...like oh so good.  I talked to my band member friend Brian afterwards and he proceeded to introduce me to fellow band-mate Stephen (who I had meet back in August) and Stephen totally remembered me!  It made my day. It was so cool.  Here's a picture or two from the show.


Brian, Stephen, and Eric = Love and Theft or (LNT)




FYI: Stephen Barker Liles of LNT is the Stephen that Taylor Swift's song "Hey, Stephen" is written about.  They opened for her on tour about 2 years ago.

I guess that is about all for now.  I hope everyone is well. Nashy is great. It snowed a bit today but it was too warm to stick.  I think more flurries are in the forecast this week.

Thanks for reading. You stay classy,
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Faith! So excited about your new job - sounds fun! But...you can't hand dogs by their leashes, missy!!! Silly girl. Can't wait to hear how day one goes for ya.

    ReplyDelete